ASME U Stamped Flanged & Flued Expansion Joint for Ammonia
Flanged & Flued Expansion Joints are considered a special case of the thick wall type expansion joints and are made in two halves from flat annular plates.
The most common application for flanged and flued Expansion Joints is heat exchangers and large diameter piping systems.
This time we have received an order to design and manufacture a custom Flanged and Flued Compensator for an Ammonia plant with the following main features:
- Type: Flanged & Flued
- Application: Shell side of Shell & Tube Heat exchanger
- Code of construction: ASME Sec VIII- Div 1 – ASME U Stamp
- Medium: Ammonia Vapors/Liquid
- MWAP Working Press: 16,44 BARg (238,442 PSIg)
- Design Temp: 150 °C (302 °F)
- Hydrotest Pressure Test: 21,38 BARg (310.09 PSig)
Most of the ammonia produced in the world is used to fertilize agricultural crops. Ammonia is also used to produce plastics, fibers, explosives, nitric acid and intermediates for dyes and pharmaceuticals.
MACOGA manufactures Expansion Joints in the entire range of materials used in ammonia plants and in all the fertilizer production process: urea, nitric acid, sulfuric and phosphoric acid, etc. using stainless steel, alloys and elastomers that can handle severe wear and corrosion.