FCC In-Line Pressure Balanced Expansion Joint for a refinery in Europe
We’ve just designed and built successfully this In-Line Pressure Balanced FCC Expansion Joint for a refinery in Europe.
The design and construction parameters are:
- In-Line Pressure Balanced MPB-I Series
- O.D. 1346 mm (53”)
- L: 3885 mm (153”)
- Bellows in ALLOY 625 Gr.1 LCF / UNS N06626
- With bellows sealing system and thermocouples
- Ceramic Fiber Insulation – Superwool
- Pipe A/SA240 TP304H (1.4948)
- Abrasion resistant lining RESCOBOND AA 22 S (UOP 3-25)
- Design Pressure: 4,8 barg (70 psig)
- Temperature: 600 °C
- Medium: Flue Gas
A pressure balanced expansion joint accommodates axial and lateral movements and counteracts the bellows pressure thrust. An additional bellows is incorporated into the unit and is subject to the line pressure to generate a force equal and opposite to that on the main bellows. Tying these bellows together neutralises the pressure load on the unit.