High Pressure Expansion Joints for ADNOC Waste Heat Recovery Project Steam Transformers
ADNOC is one of the world’s leading oil and gas companies and is fully owned by the government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The Waste Heat Recovery Project (WHRP) will be constructed by Samsung Engineering at the Ruwais Industrial Complex, 240 km west of Abu Dhabi city and will provide additional power and fresh water to the facility when it comes on stream in 2023. The scope of work includes the installation of heat recovery steam generators (HRSG) as well as a new steam turbine and generator (STG) desalination unit.
The MACOGA scope of supply includes engineering, fabrication and delivery of two High Pressure MRR Series Expansion Joints DN3600.
The bellows have been manufactured in UNS N08367 material, a superaustenitic stainless steel with outstanding resistance to chloride pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. This is a 6 moly alloy that was developed for and is used in highly aggressive environments. Was designed to be a seawater resistant material and has since been demonstrated to be resistant to a broad range of very corrosive environments.
- MACOGA MRR Series Reinforced Expansion Joints
- Size: 3600 mm
- Length: 500 mm
- Bellows in N08367
- Design conditions: 9.02 barg and 230 ºC
- Test pressure: 12,90 barg (187.82 PSIg)
The Expansion Joints went through a comprehensive and rigorous quality control and testing program including:
- ASME U Stamp
- Bellows design code ASME VIII DIV. 1
- Production standard ASME VIII Div.1
- Material certificates according to EN 10204-3.1
- Visual inspection of welds acc. to ASME V
- Dimensional control
- 100% PT - Liquid penetrant test on bellows longitudinal welds
- 100% PT - Liquid penetrant test on longitudinal welds of pipe/shell
- 100% PT - Liquid penetrant test on welds between bellows and ends
- 100% RT - Radiographic test on longitudinal welds of bellows
- 100% RT - Radiographic test on longitudinal welds of pipe/shell
- Hydrostatic pressure test (internal)