Large In-Line Pressure Balanced Expansion Joint for an Energy from Waste facility in the UK
We have successfully designed, manufactured and delivered of a large In-Line Pressure Balanced Expansion Joint for a cutting-edge energy-from-waste facility in the United Kingdom.
From 2025, around 410,000 tonnes of municipal and commercial waste from Yorkshire will be processed annually and this will generate up to 49MW of electricity, enough to meet the electricity needs of more than 100,000 homes.
Key Features of the Pressure Balanced Expansion Joint supplied:
- High Performance: Engineered to deliver exceptional performance this expansion joint accommodates axial and lateral movements and counteracts the bellows pressure thrust. An additional bellows is incorporated into the unit and is subject to the line pressure to generate a force equal and opposite to that on the main bellows. Tying these bellows together neutralises the pressure load on the unit.
- Cutting-Edge Design: Our team of skilled engineers utilized the latest advancements in design principles to create a solution that perfectly addresses the specific needs of the facility.
- Type: In-Line Pressure Balanced
- Size: 3600 mm
- Design Pressure: 0.5 bar/FV
- Design Temperature: 120 °C
- Medium: Steam