Over 40 tons and 16 meters long FCC Expansion Joint for South American Refinery
We have successfully completed the design, manufacture, testing, packaging and delivery of the heaviest FCC Expansion Joint ever manufactured at MACOGA.
Weighing over 40 Tons and with a length of 16.5 m, this Expansion Joint will be connecting the generator and superheater in an FCC unit of one of the largest refineries in South America.
- EJMA latest edition
- B31.3 Ed. 2016
- ASME VIII Div.1 Ed.2017
- ASME II Ed.2017
- UOP Specifications
Highlights of the project
- Universal Cold Wall Design
- Size / DN 1500 mm (59 ¼")
- Total length 16493 mm (54 ft)
- 2 ply testable bellows in ASTM B443 Inconel 625 LCF
- Bellows Sealing system
- Refractory lining as per UOP Specs.
- Hexagonal Mesh SS 304H
- Abrasion lining Material type: RESCO AA22S
- Refractory Material: RESCO RS-17EC
- Medium Temperature +760 °C (max.)
- Design Bellows Temperature: +538 °C
- Design Pressure: 3,45 barg / FV
- Medium: Flue Gas
Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) technology involves high tech Expansion Joints and each technology provider has exclusive designs for these components. MACOGA has worked with all the major FCC licensors (UOP, KBR, ExxonMobil, Axens, etc.) and is familiar with their designs.
We offer a full range of customized Expansion Joints for any process related to Fluid Catalytic Cracking and all of our Expansion Joints combine the latest technologies with decades of industry experience.