Flexicracking Unit Reactor Expansion Joint Replacement for Refinery in Europe
We have successfully completed the design, manufacturing and testing of one FCC In-Line Pressure Balanced Expansion Joint for a Refinery in Europe.
The Expansion joint have been designed per ExxonMobil General Practices and with the following parameters:
- Design Temperature 566 °C
- Design Pressure 7.33 kg/cm²
- Axial Movement 70 mm compression
- Lateral Movement 14 mm
- Medium: Catalyst
- Expansion Joint Inside Diameter 457 mm (ID of refractory lining)
- Total Length of Expansion Joint 2180 mm
- 2 ply testable bellows with sealing system
- Restocast 17 Refractory lining
- Hexmesh 410S
A pressure balanced expansion joint accommodates axial and lateral movements and counteracts the bellows pressure thrust. An additional bellows is incorporated into the unit and is subject to the line pressure to generate a force equal and opposite to that on the main bellows. Tying these bellows together neutralises the pressure load on the unit.